Taking time out of my Sunday to reflect on the previous week is extremely important to me and my wellbeing. I find this exercise super productive if I’ve been having a bad day or stressful week, as it instantly lifts my mood and fills me with positivity to carry on into the week ahead. There are days when I think I’d struggle to find anything I’m grateful for, but I always surprise myself. Positive thinking is definitely good for the soul.
This week has been tough, we’ve had such a poorly baby which resulted in a trip to A&E and sleepless nights; and I’ve hardly seen my partner due to working overtime. But all that being said, I have so many things to be grateful for this week – here’s my shortlist.
- Completing my degree and leaving university forever (yipee!).
- A lovely morning spent with O at our local play cafe.
- A catch-up and play date at a friend’s house.
- Spending time with my Gran and Papa – and being served a delicious roast dinner!
- Christmas market and Street of Light with my little family – O absolutely loved it.
- O still being able to smile and make me laugh albeit being extremely ill. What a star he is.
- Putting up our Christmas tree and decorating the house whilst dancing to Christmas music!
- Making Christmas tree decorations with O – which I will treasure forever.
- My coffee machine for seeing me through sleepy days – seriously.
- My OH working extremely hard these last few weeks especially; he is truly amazing (but don’t tell him I said that 😉 ).
I could keep on writing and that’s what I love about doing this, there is always so many things to be grateful for in amongst all the hardships we face.
So, what are you grateful for this week? Why not take 5 minutes, get comfy, look back on your week and write your gratitude list. Surprise yourself!