January is over, the slowest month of the year for some – in my case it has totally flown past. I managed to tick off pretty much everything off my goals list; just two more things to buy/be delivered for baby girl. Now we’re in February, my due date is fast approaching and I have a few things I want to tick off my goals list for the month ahead.
- Spend some quality time with Oliver before baby’s arrival. This is a difficult one as I am finding it difficult to do normal activities now I’m 38 weeks which is getting me down a little.
- Arrange some play dates for during the February holiday & a day trip to visit my Gran – potentially a bad idea as she lives an hour away!
- Write down an action plan for going into labour – who we phone at certain times of the day etc.
- Batch cook & freeze, buy some cupboard items etc. especially for Oliver to have healthy snacks and meals once baby arrives.
- Minimise/organise my wardrobe & bedroom – throw away/donate items I know I won’t wear & keep out the post-birth items I will be reaching for (including PJs & comfies).
- Make a Basket/box in my bedroom for nappies/wipes/baby&toddler bits – for late night feeds etc.
- Stay on top of the housework! I do not want to come home to a messy house with a newborn!!
- Set up the cot in our bedroom – I left this job until last simply for the space; the bedding is washed and ready to go, I just need Scott to move it from the garage.
- Rest as much as I can!
- Buy thank you cards; we have already started to receive gifts for baby. You forget just how much stuff people buy you!
What’s your February goals?